Beginning May 29, we are implementing the following procedures to ensure we are meeting CDC requirements, state regulations, and personal safety measures. We hope the structure we have planned will help everyone to feel safe and secure.
1. The store has been cleaned and sanitized.
2. For the time being, we will welcome 3 customers in the store at a time. Though an appointment is not required, we encourage customers to call the shop for an actual time slot. This will ensure timely access to the shop and reduce waiting time in the parking lot.
3. Customers and Canvasback associates must provide and wear their own masks. Hand sanitizer instead of gloves will be required as well. Hand sanitizer will be available at the entry. We must also maintain social distancing.
4. For now, we ask that customers just handle canvases and allow Canvasback associates to pull the fibers you need. If the store is busy, fibers may have to be pulled and picked up later.
5. For those who are not yet ready to be out shopping, we are happy to provide Facetime shopping at convenient times. This has been working very well during the past stay-at-home weeks. It is best if you call for an appointment for this service.
6. If you have finishing to drop off, you do not need an appointment. There will be a basket just inside the door. Please make sure that your pieces are in a plastic bag with a note detailing your name, email, phone number, and any other details about your finishing preferences.
7. For the time being, our restroom facilities will not be available to customers.
8. At this time, we can only accept credit cards and personal checks.
9. The store will be open 10-5 Monday through Friday, 10-4 on Saturday. For now, the store will be closed on Sundays. We will return to Sunday hours soon.
These are our first baby steps. As we gain experience with the new program, there may be adjustments. We promise to keep you informed of changes as they are made.
We are glad to welcome you home! The Canvasback is your store. We look forward to seeing you and helping you with your projects.