Greetings from The Canvasback!
It has been very busy since our last website update. We have made many adjustments to our operation to ensure that we can offer exceptional service and products safely within the limitations set by the CDC and the governor of Illinois. We wish you could come into the shop as there are so many new pieces to dazzle you.
The phone rings and the emails arrive every day with your requests for new canvases and fibers, for finishing, and for additional materials you need for projects that have surfaced from your "stash." Thank you so much for your loyalty, your business, and your patience as we try to address every request as quickly as possible. Recently, we were permitted to begin offering curbside pickup, and that has been a great help to everyone. It is so great to see your faces...even if they are partially covered with a wide array of masks.
Here are a few tips we have learned over the past few weeks:
1. Feel free to call the shop at any time. I am there every day but Thursday and Sunday to assist you.
2. Now more than ever, it is important to save your fiber tags so you can easily identify the items you need.
3. If you want to show me a canvas you can email the photo to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text it to 847-471-1774. If you text me, please include your name in the text so I know who is calling.
4. If you would like to FaceTime to see new gorgeous canvases or any specific request, it is helpful to set up an appointment in advance, although I can often do it just when you call...but be sure to call my cell, 847-471-1774.
5. If you are sending or dropping off items that you have completed for finishing, please make sure they are in a plastic bag with your name, phone number, and any notes you want me to be aware of.
6. If you want to use curbside pickup, please call in advance to let me know what you need so I can have it ready for you when you arrive. When you get to the parking area, you can pop your trunk or I can hand it to you through the door.
Right now we still have the Kate Dickerson trunk show and Colors of Praise has just arrived. Some samples of the very beautiful canvases from this designer are shown below. I change the windows weekly, so if you are in the neighborhood, please take a look and by all means knock on the window to say hello. As usual, trunk shows are all discounted 20%.
Stitching has given us all comfort and satisfaction during a time that is at times stressful and frightening. Enjoy the project you are working on now and plan on something new for the future -- which is just around the corner.
We await permission to allow floor traffic, so we can welcome you in to see the beautiful canvases that have arrived. Until then, please be safe and be well. As Kate Dickerson says on one of her canvases, "Be Calm ... Stitch on."